Today I thought I’d share a favourite sweets recipe I have tweaked over time for chocolate brownies with coconut chips in them! Yummy!
So the ingredients are:
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g dark 85%+ chocolate bar
- cup coconut chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose/plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
So here’s what you do with all this beautiful stuff!
- Melt chocolate, cocoa and butter or margarine over low heat. Transfer to mixing bowl, cream together. Add sugar gradually. Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in coconut, Spread batter into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 22 – 25 minutes.
Take out, cool on a wire rack and enjoy!! These are proper gooey in the middle!